10th VALEDICTORY CEREMONY
31st May, 2019
The Higher and Technical Institute Mizoram(HATIM) successfully had their 10th Valedictory Ceremony on 31st May 2019 (Friday) at Hatim Campus, Kawmzawl wherein 86 graduating students were bidden farewell.
In this ceremony, Dr. R. Lalthangliana, Minister of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Mizoram was the chief guest and Mr. Lawmawma Tochhawng, MLA and Vice Chairman, HPC, Lunglei was the Guest of Honor. The leaders of Baptist Church of Mizoram like General Secretary, BCM, Rev. F. Ramdinmawia and AGS i/c Service Rev. R. Lalbiakliana kindly attended this ceremony.
Apart from the above mentioned, important delegates from BCM as well as important Government servants from Aizawl and Lunglei attended the ceremony. More than 400 outsiders including MJA members, alumni members, and other prominent citizens came to attend this prestigious ceremony after which a grand feast was served.
The Higher And Technical Institute, Mizoram considers the recognition of high performing individuals from the senior-most students, i.e., the sixth-semester students of the institute – its duty and obligation.
The institute believes in facilitating and guiding its students to excel in character, academics, leadership and other relevant areas of personality development and growth.
Through this recognition program HATIM endeavors to motivate and drive its students to acquire a healthy sense of competition.
1. Proficiency Award – The proficiency award is handed out for academic excellence to one individual from each of the courses i.e., B.Com, BCA, BSW, and BA (English). In other words, the topper from each of the aforementioned courses is awarded a proficiency award.
(i) From the Department of Commerce, this year’s Proficiency Award goes to Dinpuii Chhakchhuak.
(ii) From the Department of Computer Science, this year’s Proficiency Award goes to Lalvensanga.
(iii) From the Department of Social Work, the proficiency Award for Academic Excellence goes to K. Lalhmangaihkimi.
(iv) From the Department of Arts (English Core), the Proficiency Award for Academic Excellence goes to Lalawmpuii Hrahsel.
2. Most Improved Award – This award is handed out to the individual who has made the greatest amount of improvement and progress during his/her at HATIM. It is designed to motivate individuals to aim for constant and consistent growth in life.
(i) This Year’s Most Improved Award from the Department of Commerce award is awarded to Ramdinmawia Ralte.
(ii) From the Department of Computer Science, the Most Improved Award goes to C. Remlalduhawma.
(iii) From the Department of Social Work, this award is awarded to Irene C. Lalrindiki for depicting the greatest amount of improvement and progress.
(iv) And from the Department of Arts (English Core) This award is awarded to Lawmsangzuali for depicting the greatest amount of improvement and progress
3. Scripture Award – HATIM is an Institute founded upon the word of God and therefore it is strongly felt that the teachings in the Bible are of utmost importance to the holistic growth and development of its students. This award is handed out to the individual who has shown genuine commitment and dedication towards learning the Scriptures i.e., the one who has topped the Scripture Exams throughout the three-year period of his/her stay at HATIM.
This year’s Scripture Award is awarded to Lalawmpuii Hrahsel.
4. R. Lalziki Award – This award is handed out to the most disciplined and hardworking individual from the entire batch. One who has depicted outstanding character during his/her stay at HATIM. This award is sponsored by Dr. Chawngthanpari, the founder Principal of HATIM, and her family in memory of her mother Pi R. Lalziki.
This year’s R. Lalziki Award is awarded to R. Rosangliana BA English for depicting outstanding character.
5. Jacob Lalrinpuia Award – This Award is named in memory of Jacob Lalrinpuia, a graduate from HATIM, who passed away earlier this year. This Award is sponsored by Jacob’s family and will be given to the individual who has outstanding performance in sports and good self-discipline in the residence keeping the virtue of humility.
Psalm 126:3 “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy”.
No Upcoming Events