About the department
The syllabus as specified by Mizoram University includes the following areas of learning:
Core Areas of Learning:
- Types of Accounting – Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Taxation, Insurance, Banking.
- Various marketing, management, industrial, mercantile and company laws & practices.
- Practical research works in the fields of management, marketing & finance – resulting in a submission of project work.
- Courses related to IT and practical applications of E-commerce.
- Courses in secretarial and clerical practices
Other Compulsory Papers:
- General English
- Mizo(Modern Indian Language)
- Environmental Studies
Methods of Teaching/Departmental Initiatives:
- Lecture and Presentations
- Class Exercises and Tests
- Assignments – Term Papers
- Seminars &Workshops
- Library Works
- Students Skill Development activities
- Observes and organises Commerce Day
- Cleanliness Drives - for entire HATIM Community