HATIM Evangelical Wing was established in August, 2008 for the glory of God. It has taken up the initiative of maintaining the worship services from 17th August, 2018 till date. Presently there are 14 members including the ex-officio and the two Senior Advisors.
Our main objective or goal is to be good ambassadors for Christ through nurturing the spiritual life of students, teachers and all other members of the community alike; thereby strengthening each other, uplifting one another and unitedly growing together in Christ.
- Regular Praise and Worship: HATIM Evangelical Wing has been conducting lively and vibrant worship service every Sunday at 2:00 pm in the afternoon at the College Building in the Auditorium cum Chapel located at Falkawn-Chanmari, Lunglei. This service is meant for everyone who has a desire to worship the Lord and is conducted in English. The HATIM evangelical welcomes all who wants to be a part of the service and experience the goodness of the Lord. Visitors from within and without the community and even from other country had come and joined us in experiencing the goodness and fullness of the Lord. So far, we have had 1091 visitors from around 10 countries since 17th August, 2008 till date. Singspiration has been a major part of this service. Offerings are collected every Sunday and they are utilized to run and manage the cost of refreshments and for Speakers’ remuneration. Besides this the offerings are utilized for repairing and taking care of the chapel properties.
- Supportive Assistance: HATIM Evangelical Wing has been giving out supportive assistance to many who are in need of assistance on various grounds to different students according to the severity of the needs and circumstances the student in consideration is. At the same time, these help are given out mainly in the form of charity or poor patient fund. For example:
In the past, as 15th February, 2015 was Christian Hospital Sunday, HATIM Evangelical Wing had set aside the offerings of that day for Poor Patient Fund which was given to Christian Hospital, Serkawn. The total amount collected was Rs 5780/-.
On 2nd June, 2015, HATIM Evangelical Wing had given the charity fund which sums upto Rs 4750 along with a surplus amount of clothes and shoes to TNT(Thutak Nunpuitu Team) Hrangchalkawn.
- Contribution to MEGF: The Mizoram Evangelical Graduate Fellowship(MEGF) Union of Evangelical Students of India(UESI), to which HATIM Evangelical Wing is affiliated as HATIM Evangelical Union, organized a student’s camp at Aizawl H.E.W and contribute a sum of Rs 3000/- for its success.
- Spiritual Nurturing Programme: HATIM Evangelical Wing has been organizing Spiritual Nurturing Programme in Mizo language every year usually in the month of September with the objective to renew the faith of the student and rededicate themselves to the Lord.
- Music Training: Music Training was successfully organized under the care of HEW for two days in December 2016. Some of the Best Musicians from Lunglei were invited as resource person and the student were taught in a manner to learn and brush up their skill in playing and understanding the musical notes and instruments.