Genesis of Board of Academics:
The Staff Meeting on 7th November, 2014 decided to constitute a Separate body dealing with academic matters within the college.
Membership and meetings:
In the first meeting on 3rd February, 2015 the board laid down the rules for membership and meeting as follows:
- The members of the Board of Academics will be elected Coordinator, all the Head of Departments, one representative from each department and two Ex-officio (that is the Principal and Associate General Secretary i/c Service).
- The Coordinator will be elected by the member of Board of Academics from the members.
- The Coordinator will be the chairman in a meeting and in his/her absence the Principal (Ex-officio) will take the chairmanship role in a meeting.
- The Board of Academics will sit for a meeting at least once in a semester.
- Meeting minute will be recorded by one of the member as requested by the Chairman.
- The tenure of members of the board will be 2 Years (According to Academic year of the Mizoram University)
- The tenure of Coordinator of the board will be 3 Years (According to Academic year of the Mizoram University). The Coordinator will hold the seat only for 1 term.
Functions and Scope of the Board of Academics:
The Board of Academics will deal with all academics related matters of the institution especially in the areas of the following:
- Add on Courses (Basic Computer Course & Functional English)
- Library development and functions
- Arrangement of Guest Lecturers/ Visiting Lecturers
- Class timing
- Refresher courses and academic development of Teacher
No Upcoming Events